House Fires, Smoke Detectors and Carbon Monoxide
The capable and experienced attorneys at the Redwood City, California, law firm of Carcione Cattermole Dolinski offer sound legal advice and dedicated representation to house fire survivors who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning or smoke inhalation as a result of defective fire safety devices such as smoke detectors.
The Truth About Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless gas that can cause illness, damage to the brain and even death. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can often be mistaken for a bad cold or case of the flu. Common symptoms may include:
- Dizziness and nausea
- Shortness of breath
- Drowsiness or unresponsiveness
Even at the low to moderate levels that cause these symptoms, carbon monoxide poisoning can cause long-term brain damage that may be difficult to diagnose, especially in children and the elderly or infirm.
Fetuses are at an especially high risk of brain injury if the mother is exposed to carbon monoxide in a fire or through exhaust from a faulty engine or generator.
If you suffered any of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning or if your child was exposed to smoke or carbon monoxide in a house fire, it is vitally important to seek an experienced medical evaluation. The dedicated lawyers at Carcione Cattermole Dolinski can help you obtain an accurate diagnosis and, if necessary, medical treatment for the subtle injuries caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.
Contact Carcione Cattermole Dolinski
Please call our offices in Redwood City at 877-393-1160 or e-mail us now for a rapid response. Your consultation with an experienced attorney will be free.